Thursday, January 24, 2008

Politicians


The debate among five Republican pols tonight was pretty good. At least they are not promising every citizen and illegal immigrant on earth a free education and free unlimited medical care forever. The Democrats are seemingly trying to out do each other in false promises.


But, still, it does not appear that the debators are taking seriously the huge number of people who are hitting sixty every day and what that will do to Medicare, Medicaid and taxes. Can you say, "Break the bank?"


I need to examine more closely the statements of these men. I know what the Dem's are saying and, since I can count, know it cannot work. So, let's just elect a nice person who will lie to us because we demand it instead of an adult who will tell us the truth.


1 comment:

Paula Clare said...

I heartily concur...my mother in law was in ICU for 21 days and racked up a bill of about 250,000 that medicare is going to pay. SHe is 74. HOW can the system funding such thing NOT go broke LONG before I EVER see retirement age? I think our politicians need to "wake up and smell the coffee" and ask the American people to do the same. When we look to the government (instead of God) as our provider, we are undoubtedly in for a let down.