Monday, November 5, 2007

What Do You Think About Boomer Believers?


This blog hopes to assist the many men and women who are dissatisfied with their current spiritual situation. Most have been involved in church and para church groups for two or three decades but have grown weary of pew sitting or volunteering to do the same old boring things they had always done. They came to me for counsel because they wanted more out of life in the Spirit.

(Photo: Three Seasoned Believers discussing how to unleash Boomers.)

Peggy Lee's song, "Is that all there is?" is the theme through many of their stories. A refrain I heard, "I helped run a large, creative company and made a lot of money but now I want to serve the Lord and 'give something back'".

When I asked about the things they could do at church I got the same answers: "I can sit on a boring committee, teach Sunday school and donate. And, of course, I can attend and sit still while some guy half my age tells me his opinions about the world."

What are you seeing in your city, town or region? Are the Seasoned Believers satisfied with their level of spiritual involvement and creativity? Are they treated like old fogies whose time has come and gone? Are the often bored?

Write and tell me what you see, hear and want to have. The ball is in your court.

No comments: