Sunday, March 30, 2008

Health Care for Seniors


Garrison Keillor of The Prairie Home Companion radio show is one of my favorite humorists. He sees humor and with it insight in many wacky and wonderful places. For example, getting old and getting the government to pay for it.



What is Wrong with Our Country Today

January 22, 2008

Q. As a senior citizen, do you feel that the health care system is doing all it can for your health problem?


A. I am not now, and never have been, a senior citizen. I happen to be 65 years old. Not the same thing. I am lively and quick, don't shamble or shuffle, and don't clutch the banister when I go down stairs. The brown spots on the backs of my hands are from experiments with a chemistry set when I was a boy. I have the urinary tract of a young horse. Doctors continue to be astonished.


What was the question?


No comments: